Chapter 6 discusses how to prepare fact sheets, advisories, media kits, and pitches.
- Fact Sheets are a brief outline of an event, organization, or a new product. The reason these are written is to supply editors and journalists with information
- Media Advisories tell editors about upcoming events. They include the 5 W’s and H in an outline form and can give photo, video, or interview opportunities
- Media Kits are kits that can contain news releases, photos, stories, fact sheets, etc.
- Electronic Press Kits are available online and prepared in a CD format. They include more videos and photos.
- A purpose of a pitch letter is to convince an editor or journalist to cover a news story or event.