Here are 10 suggestions to do when blogging. These are things I have discovered over the course of this semester. Keep up the good work!
1. Leave Comments – By leaving other people comments you are connecting with them and sharing your ideas. What is the point of a blog when you don’t share ideas with each other?
2. Update!!!!!!!!!!!! Updating your blog is like changing your underwear in blog world. You should do it every day when you can. It will help you keep in contact with people and will help you keep your own online journal of your own thoughts and ideas. It also can help relieve stress to write what you’re thinking online! Within reason of course!
3. Create an About Me page. Having an About Me page really makes you personal to other users and audiences. It makes you seem more human and not just another blog website online. It also helps the users to get to know you and help them understand a little better about your blog posts. Make sure you keep your About me professional though. There are certain things that the internet users don’t need to know about!
4. Keep it entertaining/interesting. No one wants to read about boring things. Always do some research and keep up to date on what’s going on around the world/community. People will want to know more about what you’re writing if you keep it current!
5. Include Infographics. Including charts and visual aids will help the reader follow along in a more organized fashion. It will also hook their interest if the first thing they see is a picture instead of nothing but paragraphs. Including photos can skyrocket the popularity of your blog.
6. Find other blogs that interest you. Keeping yourself interested in other’s blogs will urge you to comment and post blogs yourself.
7. Have fun! Having fun with blogging is half of the battle. Don’t look at it like a 20 page paper you have to write. If you blog about something you want then you will enjoy it so much more. Trust me! This was something I had to learn this semester!
8. Cite sources. Plagiarism is still possible on blogs. Make sure you give the credit to whom deserves it!
9. Be careful what you say. Yes it is your own blog and you can say anything you’d like according to free speech but I recommend to stay within boundaries. Offending a lot of people could cost you a lot of readers. You want to stay somewhat positive when keeping a blog!
10. Grammar. Beware of your spelling and grammar mistakes. A lot of readers might not understand jargon and may not understand what you are trying to get across.